Cactus Cultivars

Author Topic: Netiquette  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Carlo & Daniele

• Admin
    • Picasa - Carlo & Daniele
Netiquette
« on: Friday, 30 December 2011 - 16:09:33 »
La Netiquette, parola derivata dalla sincrasi del vocabolo inglese net (rete) e quello di lingua francese étiquette (buona educazione), è un insieme di regole che disciplinano il comportamento di un utente di Internet nel rapportarsi agli altri utenti attraverso risorse quali newsgroup, mailing list, forum, blog, reti sociali o e-mail in genere.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

and the english page for Netiquette:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
Carlo & Daniele

Offline Simon

Re: Netiquette
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 31 December 2011 - 01:22:27 »
Interesting and helpful. After reading this I realize I have been guilty of hijacking some peoples threads and I apologize.
Also I think sometimes people worry too much about offending people by discussing their opinions and sometimes people take offense easily at opinions that are put forward in posts. It is easy to get the wrong idea because typed words don't come with a tone of voice. I think the best way is to openly discuss ideas and opinions as long as they are helpful and try to not be offended by any posts unless you are sure it was clearly meant to be offensive.
We should always remember that we have more in common with each other than most people because we share a fascination and love for the same thing. By co-operating and sharing information there is much we can learn from each other.
That is what forums are about and I am very happy there is one like this for people like us from all over the world to connect.

Offline Carlo & Daniele

• Admin
    • Picasa - Carlo & Daniele
Re: Netiquette
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 31 December 2011 - 01:29:05 »
It is easy to get the wrong idea because typed words don't come with a tone of voice. I think the best way is to openly discuss ideas and opinions as long as they are helpful and try to not be offended by any posts unless you are sure it was clearly meant to be offensive.
We should always remember that we have more in common with each other than most people because we share a fascination and love for the same thing. By co-operating and sharing information there is much we can learn from each other.
That is what forums are about and I am very happy there is one like this for people like us from all over the world to connect.

Thanks a lot Simon!
We are sorry the english page on wikipedia is not so extended as the italian one.
Carlo & Daniele

Copyright © Carlo & Daniele